I love teaching, but the worst thing is when your supervisor comes to evaluate... I had everything planned out perfectly on paper. It all looked great!!!! I had a story about pickle ball, and I was excited about what I was teaching... but I guess she didn't see my excitement haha. But let's get to the juicy part... The day of my evaluation (today) one of my students in P.E. decides to have an asthma attack!!!! Talk about having bad luck... haha I did end up having to go get someone because her asthma got worse, but in the end my supervisor said I should have gone to get help sooner. Seriously? My sister has asthma, and I think at the age of 16, this student would know when to tell me to go get help. My supervisor did say I did good things, but somehow I always forget the good things and focus on the what needs to be improved, which includes my excitement for pickle ball :) I know that there is always going to be something to improve on, but I hate how she saves the improvements for last so that those are the last things I remember haha. So if you ever want to learn the game of pickle ball... I will be glad to demonstrate with much excitement and enthusiasm!
Oh, and let me tell you the exciting story of how pickle ball came to be. Well, one summer day there were these two families that wanted to play a game. They had a badminton net and racquets, but no birdies (that's what you hit over the net). So they decided to play with whiffle balls. Well, they lowered the net so it was like tennis, and one of the men ended up making racquets out of wood. And they began playing pickle ball. Now how did the name pickle ball come to be? Well, one of the dogs came by and took the whiffle ball... the kids started yelling, "pickle, bring back the ball!" So in the end, it was called pickle ball. Couldn't you feel the enthusiasm? I definitely could :)
1 comment:
You will be a great teacher. It all comes with learning and you will have plenty of time for that. It's important to enjoy what you and I believe you do.
That will make you great at this. The evaluator is there to make you stronger. Remember the good things she had to say and work on improving those that might be weaker. You can do anything, Kellie Winn. I love you!
Mom
Post a Comment