Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In Memory of my GREAT Aunt Agnes...

Whenever a great person I know passes away I always have the same question, " Why them?  Out of all the people here on Earth, why did you have to take her/him?"

I don't know about you, but it seems like the hardest time is when the Lord takes someone beyond great...  someone that has helped to make me a better person, and someone who when I get older I want to be exactly like.

My great aunt was beyond amazing... she was strong, she cared for two people and now leaves them behind to find another caretaker.  She loved family gatherings and getting together for the holidays (she was the life of the party)... this year just is not going to be the same without her.  She made sure when we arrived at the family parties that we filled our plates with food.  And I cannot forget the tradition of the elephant gift exchange... no one left her house without being in the elephant gift exchange, and even sometimes she would not let you leave without an extra gift.  She took the spot of my Grandma Winn when she passed away, and we will miss her kindness and smiling face.

I know the Lord has a purpose for those who leave us, but sometimes I just wish that he would wait... wait another year, or wait after the Holidays... Why do all the good people have to go at once???  Can't he take someone who isn't caring for their husband and Mother?  It's just hard seeing someone you love leave you, and I don't think it will ever be easy... but one day when we are all standing together I know that it will be worth it.

So these are my thoughts as I sit here on this Tuesday night after finishing a big piece of pumpkin pie with A TON of whipped cream on top, waiting for my husband to come home so that we can make chicken quesadillas together.

We will miss you Aunt Agnes...

No comments: