Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life... and going out into the "real" world...

So today in one of my classes we are having a speaker, and the man coming to speak with the class is the man who is going to help each of us get a job.  Before hearing him speak, we were to go onto the school website, and under teacher education look at some frequently asked questions and other info posted.  As I read these questions and browsed the site, so many questions popped into my head.  For example, "Am I even old enough to teach?"  Sometimes I have those days where I feel old, but thinking about teaching high school makes me feel so young because I have only been out of high school for 3 1/2 years... it's just crazy!!!!  I was also reading some of the interview questions and asking myself, "how would I answer these?"  What are my strengths and what are my weaknesses?  It's been a really long time since I had an interview... haha, walmart... and those questions were a peice of cake.  I think the worst questions to come during an interview for a teacher would be the "what if" questions.  For example, "what if someone in your class brought a gun to school?"  yeah... there always has to be a plan.  But these are just some of my thoughts... I will update you about the speaker later... I'm pretty excited to hear how he is going to help me find a job :)

1 comment:

K&B Forever said...

Oh kellie, you are going to be a great teacher. The students will love you because your awesome! You are a strong person I think you can handle anything...! But, yes that gun thing would be a scary thing to deal with. I think I would cry haha or freeze! I hope I would do something but like you I don't know what I would do in a situation like that. So I would not be a good teacher. ;-)