Thursday, September 18, 2008
Called to Serve
Hey!!! Just wanted to give everyone an update on life :) Still working at good ol' Walmart... and still working in the shoes department but do not know how much longer I can last there. Life has been very busy the past couple of weeks. School started last monday and so I've just been busy trying to keep up on homework while working and then last of all trying to have a social life which is not very easy. But yesterday I was called to serve as the first counselor in the relief society and I am really excited about this. The Relief society president is amazing and I cannot wait to work with her and the other girls in our relief society. hahaha, I learned that rasing your hand a lot in relief society and talking to the relief society president seems to get you into the presidency hahaha. I think that I am going to be able to learn a lot fromo this expereience though and look forward to it. Hopefully I will be able to balance everything in my life, but I'm pretty sure with a lot of prayer and help from the Lord I will be able to do all in his power. So that's about it. Julie Jones is my new roommate and I have two other new ones that are amazing!!!! We went out to dinner last night and just had fun telling stories and having fun. I truly have been blessed this semester and look forward to the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's great Kellie! You will do awesome in that calling. I was in the RS Presidency at BYU and it was a blast - so different in a single's ward. Anyway, good luck!!
Post a Comment